Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Oooh la la - Refashion

While out thrifting the other day, my mom spotted this darling little dress.
Super cute, right?!
Unfortunately, it's 12mth size tag was a bit too small for my princess. We've used 18mth as twirl tops, but this one was just shy of buttoning.
I ALMOST put it back, but then....
Brain storm..... REFASHION IT!!!



I started by cutting off the black gingham sash and bow. And used my seam ripper to painstakingly remove the tulle ruffle at the bottom. I wanted something that would be cute and girly, but not so fancy for every day wear this summer.
I also wanted it to match some adorable zebra ruffle leggings I had made her.



I had scraps left from the leggings, so I added a few as "tuxedo-style" ruffles on the bodice which I then trimmed with white bias tape to conceal the edge of the ruffle knit.
I covered up the gingham left with some fun hot pink polka ribbon.


Are these Paris pooches not the cutest!!??!


For the back, where the buttons were a tad to snug....
I removed the buttons (save for later, cute buttons are always a bonus) and added zebra ribbon to tie close.


There you have it! An adorable twirl top and legging set, sure to keep my Princess comfy, cool, and cute this summer. I may even make her a little pink beret to match, just like the pooches are wearing in the print.

I encourage you to not over look cute little dresses just because they are a touch too small. You never know what you may create with a little bit of love! :)

I'm linking up here:



Thanks for stopping by!!

2 comments:

  1. Melissa, that is so cute! And you are so creative!!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable refashion! So cute! Great job! :)

    ReplyDelete